Undoubtedly, one of the best parts about blogging is the wonderful friends you make, and I’m so glad to be featuring one of my dearest blog friends today: Sadie of Goodies Against The Grain! This girl is endlessly creative, inspiring, and energetic, not to mention an incredible grain-free baker. Her divine Paleo goodies never disappoint, so I always rely on her recipes when I get a craving for something sweet. Let’s welcome the Queen of Grain-Free Goodies, and make sure to follow her along below!
Hello, everyone! Sadie here, from GoodiesAgainstTheGrain.com. I am a 14-year-old food blogger, and I create healthy treats for all! Emma is such an inspiration to me, and I am sooo honored to be guest posting a recipe on her site today. I hope you all enjoy it!
Alright, let’s talk pancakes. They’re basically the ultimate breakfast! I’ve tried dozens of grain-free pancake recipes, but none of them turned out how I wanted them to. So, I decided to make my very own pancake recipe! They had to be fluffy, thin, sweet and spongy pancakes that perfectly replicated their conventional counterparts—but that tasted even better. Seems like a tall order, right?
Apparently, it can be done! And today, you can enjoy these pancakes guilt-free, knowing they don’t have any grains, dairy, gluten, or refined sugar. Sunday mornings just got a lot better, huh? I hope you enjoy these treats, and that they make your life sweeter 😉
Bye, everyone! (And thanks, Emma!)
- 4 large eggs, at room temp
- 1 cup coconut milk (or sub almond milk)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled, plus more for the pan
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (optional)
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot flour
- 3 Tbs coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Heat a spoonful of coconut oil on a griddle (I use cast iron) on medium heat.
- In a large bowl (you can use a stand mixer or do it by hand) whisk together all the wet ingredients, until frothy.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Mix the dry into the wet, and stir until all the lumps are gone.
- Now, let the batter sit for 5 minutes, to let the coconut flour absorb the moisture. Give the batter a quick stir.
- Spoon the batter (approx. 3 Tbs at a time) onto the greased & heated pan. Spread out with the back of a spoon to make wider, thinner pancakes. Flip each one after 2 minutes, or until they are very bubbly and golden brown.
- Grease your pan with more coconut oil, and repeat the cooking process until all your batter is gone. Enjoy!
Hello, everyone! I am Sadie, a 14-year-old baker and lover of scrumptious, wholesome food.
I started eating gluten-free/Paleo when I was nine years old. It changed my life. I went from being sick and tired all the time, to having loads of energy and health!
Baking healthy treats is my passion. I adore scouring Farmers’ Markets and hunting for fresh, seasonal ingredients to experiment with in the kitchen. I am excited to share my favorite recipes that I’ve created with you! All the recipes on this site are Paleo. That means they are free of gluten, grains, soy, dairy, and refined sugar.
Through my real-food goodies, I am showing the world how simple and delicious healthy eating can be.