I have a passion for creating beautiful, nourishing foods. I love spending a gray Saturday in the kitchen, not keeping track of time, allowing my hands and palate to transform whole ingredients into a flavourful dish. Unfortunately, with homework, chores, and to-do lists, I don’t always have the time anymore for such relaxed cooking, but when I do get the chance, I savour it as much as I do the finished plate.
Today, after yoga class, my dad and I went to the grocery store and picked up some staples for the week. I saw a package of four Ataulfos mangoes on the reduced rack and had to scoop them up – how could someone let those little golden gems go to waste?! We also got some tiny, locally-grown sunflower micro-greens. I wasn’t planning on combining the two until I got home and sliced the buttery mangoes. They seemed destined to be together with the micro-greens in a spicy salad! Hence, this recipe was born as I added macadamia nuts to give some crunch and drizzled on a homemade sesame vinaigrette for a flavour-packed, whole food salad. Yum!
Real food isn’t only healthy, it’s delicious and beautiful! I love all the colours and textures in this salad. From the creamy, yellow mango, to the frilly, almost silvery greens, to the slightly salty macadamia nuts, this Paleo, vegan, gluten-free, and even Whole30 Mango Micro-Green Salad with Spicy Sesame Vinaigrette will delight! 🙂
- 4 small Ataulfos mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups sunflower micro-greens
- ⅛ cup sea salt macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- ½ tbsp cold-pressed sesame oil
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Himalayan pink/sea salt & fresh black pepper to taste
- Mix vinaigrette ingredients together.
- Mix mango slices and micro-greens together in a medium salad bowl.
- Toss salad with vinaigrette.
- Top with chopped macadamia nuts.
- Serve with a smile!